Terms and Conditions
Basic Rights - Valentine’s Giveaway | Full Terms & Conditions | 14.02.21
- Competition open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 years of age or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, Basic Rights Ltd.
- To Enter: At the start of the Promotional Period Basic Rights Facebook and Instagram accounts will post the following copy:
Giveaway Alert: We’re celebrating Valentine’s Day by giving away a full outfit to two lucky winners. All you have to do is tell us who you’d share the prize with below. Good luck!
To take part in the competition, one of the following actions are required:
- On Facebook, reply to the competition post during the competition period, with a comment suggesting who you would like to share your prize with
- On Instagram, reply to the competition post during the competition period, with a comment suggesting who you would like to share your prize with
4. Multiple entries are allowed.
5. The competition will open at 10:00am on Sunday 14th February (14.02.21) and will close at 10:00am on Friday 17th February (17.02.21). One winner will be selected by random selection from all valid entries after the competition closes; the Promoters decision is final.
6. One winner will receive the following:
2x Basic Rights shirts
2x Basic Rights trousers
No cash or other alternative to stated prize. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable
7. Winners will be notified by 19.02.21 from the Basic Rights Facebook or Instagram accounts via their entry social network (direct message) within 48 hours after the winner being drawn and hereby give their consent to the disclosure of their names in the social networks.
· In the event that any winner refuses acceptance of the prize or, for whatever reason, cannot accept the prize, or if the Promoter is unable to make contact with any winner within three days of initial private message, or any winner does not confirm their details for receipt of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prize and award it to an alternative winner(s) from all valid entries
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for all submitted entries and public activity surrounding this competition.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any entries that fail to be submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. The Promoter reserves the right to not accept and moderate (including deleting) entries that are deemed late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted, misdirected, use vulgar and/or inappropriate language, entered in error, are altered, tampered with, are associated with theft, make reference to inappropriate/sensitive activity and/or events.
10. By submitting your entry, you warrant and undertake that:
· Your entry does not infringe any third-party rights
· Your entry does not infringe any intellectual property rights (excluding any intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to the Promoter), and you are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in your entry
· You have the right to grant the Promoter the permission and consents necessary to use your entry as set out in these terms and conditions, including from any individual(s) appearing in your entry; any materials or objects which feature in your entry are your own property
· Your entry does not contain any discriminatory, obscene, defamatory or otherwise objectionable material, nor anything which may reasonably be considered to be offensive (whether by image, gesture, statement or other material of any kind). The Promoter reserves the right to remove any comments which they consider to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions
11. No cash or other alternative prizes are available, unless deemed necessary by the Promoter, who reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. The prizes will only be made available to the winners themselves and are not transferable. Each prize winner and their guests assume all risks inherent to winning the offered prizes. The Promoter will not, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accept any responsibility for loss, injury or death suffered as a result of promotional participation or the acceptance of any prize, other than that caused by negligence or breach of duty of care by the Promoter.
12. The Promoter’s decisions in all promotional matters will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and will be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
14. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any participant or user that the Promoter reasonably believes (i) to have tampered with the operation of the competition and/or (ii) to be acting in violation of these Terms & Conditions.
16. This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. All entrants and participants must recognise this release of Facebook and Instagram.
18. The Promoter: Basic Rights Ltd.